You can apply to us for a refund if your account with us is in credit but, in line with your tenancy agreement, you will need to make sure your account is in advance of payment.
If you pay weekly, you must have a weekly amount in advance, and if you pay monthly, you must have a monthly amount in advance available.
You should bear in mind that if you receive Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, we will need to carry out certain checks to ensure you aren’t in receipt of an overpayment.
We recommend that, if you’re on Housing Benefit, you keep one month’s credit on your account to help with the transition to Universal Credit payments.
To request a refund, simply contact us by emailing incomeCRCompliance@orbit.org.uk or by post to Income Compliance Team, PO Box 6406, Coventry, CV3 9NB.
Alternatively, you can complete a refund request form and return it to us using the same details.
- Someone who has passed away - Deceased customer form for next of kin to complete
- Current tenants - This forms can be completed by joint tenants/customers with a Joint bank account and customer wishing to collect a refund following receipt of a service charge surplus
- Power of attorney - Refund form for customer that have an enduring power of attorney
- Former customer refund form
Depending on your account type and circumstances, your refund amount may be impacted by the following:
- Whether there are amounts owing on your other accounts.
- Where Housing Benefit, or other benefit payments, have been made, whether the local authority will be claiming any money back.
We must check these points before confirming your refund amount, and it may take up to four weeks for us to complete these checks.